Everything Wealthy Affiliate Websites
So you’ve finally found the wealthyaffiliate.com program, but before building out your online empire on WA Servers, you want to know everything there is to know about the Wealthy Affiliate Websites.
- WA Hosting- Is it included or does it cost extra?
- Registering Domain Names- Does WA Do it or do you need to do it on your own?
- WA Servers- Are they fast and reliable?
- WA Website Creation and Management Tools- Are they worth it?
- Is SSL and website security included?
- More Importantly- Can you take your site with you if you decide to leave the WA platform
Don’t Worry, We Got You!
In this Wealthy Affiliate Websites review we will be answering all those questions and then some.
Our goal is for you to feel comfortable and knowledgeable on the subject before you get to the point of setting one up.
If you finish reading this, and still have unanswered questions or would just like a bit more detail oriented answer, than please feel free to post them in the comments section at the bottom of this page.
Someone from our team, if not me personally, will get back to you within a few hours to no later than 24.
For a quicker response, to your Wealthyaffiliate.com Websites Questions, please use our contact us page.
Wealthy Affiliate Websites Building Features
Regardless of the WA training path you decide to tackle first, Affiliate Bootcamp or Online Entrepreneur Certification, you’ll be taken by the hand and led step-by-step thru the task of building your own Website using wealthyaffiliate.com’s SiteBuilder technology.
Since, this article is all about giving you an idea of what you’re getting into beforehand, I have posted a screenshot of the menu selections you’ll need to familiarize yourself with if you decide to build a website with WA.
These are the menu selections you have to choose from when it comes when it comes to anything having to do with creating and maintaining your WA websites.
For time sake I’m not going to be able to give you the entire play by play for each and every WA website building feature.
However I will present you with all of the details, (good and bad) of each and anything that is crucial at the core of the website building process.
In other words I’m gonna cram as much in as possible.
And No That Was Not One Of Those “That’s What She Said” Statements.
Wealthy Affiliate Websites Manager
From the site manager tab you can see everything there is to see about the health and status of a website you have hosted on WA servers.
The everything I speak looks like this:
- What Plugins Are Installed (Active And Inactive)
- The Number Of Pending And Approved Comments
- The WordPress Version Your Site Is Running
- The # Of Published Posts And Pages
- If Any Of Your Site Is Indexed In Google Search
- The Last Backup Date Of Your Site
- The Date Of The Last Time You Updated Any Content Plugins Or Themes
- What WA SitePlus+ Technologies Your Running
- Your Website Security Features
In addition to all of that this is where you will go to login and check what aspects of your site are improving and which need improved upon.
Simply put, this is the website nerve center inside of your WA dashboard.
Anything and everything about your site can be accessed thru your site manager tab.
Wealthy Affiliate Websites Builder (WA SiteBuilder)
Yep, You guessed it!
This is where you’ll go to create and build out a new website or to undergo the process of transferring a site from another hosting provider.
If you want to see what it takes to create a free siterubix.com domain is like than you can give it a go by using the siterubix resource below.
For those of you that may feel overwhelmed, or that may be worried about this is going to be too technical for you to understand, you should know that WA makes all of it’s training using the K.I.S.S. method.
What does K.I.S.S. stand for you ask – Keep It Stupid Simple or as the say in the Army Keep It Simple Stupid.
I’ll let you choose which but know that neither is a dig at you.
It is just a different way of saying that they make it really easy for everyone to have their fair chance at success.
Using the KISS method they’re able to walk everyone through, even the most complicated of processes, step by step in a way that everyone can understand.
The want all their students set up for success, not for failure.
Which, for you, means that you can have a barebones website up for all the world to see in about 30 seconds to a minute.
Afterwards, when you’re facing down some of the more technical aspects of site building, and building out your website content, is where the 1,000’s of hours worth of WA training material really comes into play.
Trust me, you’ll be glad that you have it then.
WealthyAffiliate.com Site Domain Feature
As a member you’ll use this feature to keep track of any of the domains you have hosted on WA servers.
As well as detail date info about each.
Below is a screenshot of the website, you’re on right now, as it appears inside of My Wealthy Affiliate Site Domain Dashboard.
As you can see, this feature is one you’ll not be visiting often.
It’s main uses are
- Renewing Your Domain Registry Yourself
- Setting Up The Renewal Process To Be Done Automatically
- Check The Dates When Your WA Website Domain Expires
The only other uses you’ll get from this tab is when it’s time for you to set up and search for domain name availability before purchasing it to build an online business presence around it.
Wealthy Affiliate Websites Content (SiteContent)
I find that this feature helps out with one of the most common issues that people creating websites run into…
That issue is content creation and unfortunately it’s unavoidable.
Anyone that has ever built, or tried to build, a website has run into what I call, Content Block, at one time or another.
Which is one of the reasons why WA introduced this feature into their SitePlus+ technologies.
Along with the ability to publish content to your site directly from your my.wealthyaffiliate.com site content dashboard, this feature also gives you 5 pre-built content templates.
Which can be a real lifesaver when you’re having a hard time with choosing what content to create next.
Something as simple as a prebuilt, cut and paste, template can go a long way in getting you over that content block hurdle.
A few other bonuses to this feature are the done-for-you:
- Affiliate Disclosure Form
- And one everybody has trouble with – The About Me Page
There is no way you can have a website ranking highly in search engines without them.
Another thing that will help you stay on point with your content creation, as well as save you loads of time doing so, is the ability to create and store some of your own personally designed content templates.
Because, the one thing that will never change when it comes to building successful and profitable websites, isd this…
CONTENT IS, AND ALWAYS WILL, BE KING!
Wealthy Affiliate Websites Comments (SiteComments)
This is one of those features that gets a bit of a mixed bag of emotions.
However, the one thing that even the naysayers agree with is that this feature opens up an additional income avenue for WA members that can offer quality engaging comments on another members site.
The reason that the SiteComments feature causes a divided front is because using it requires other members to comment on your site as if they were a real-time, unique, visitor.
Which looks great to search engines but no so much so to genuine visitors if a member accepts too many comments that come across more like a sales pitch than an engaging comment.
Then again, when you find that one thing you believe to be truly great, you want the world to know it and you can’t help but to sign its praises.
Believe you me that WA is a great and powerful income tool if you know how to wield it.
Now on to the money-making part of Site-Comments Feature.
To earn extra revenue by leaving comments you must first earn WA’s Verified Commenter Badge/Status.
To achieve verified status you’ll need to meet a few requirements within a 30 day time limit.
These requirements are:
- At Least 50 Comments
- Comments Must Be At Least 50 Words Long
- 80% Approval Rating
- Less Than 20% Skip Rate (Not Interested)
- Visit And Read The Website And Content Before Commenting
- Comment Must Be Posted Thru Your Site Comment Dashboard
There are 3 options to choose from when it comes to requesting comments on your site.
You can either, use any affiliate credits you have earned from sign ups or domain referrals to buy them.
Open your wallet and purchase them. Which I do not recommend!
You can leave a few comments of your own and use those credits as they build up.
That is as long as your comments are approved.
The one great advantage this feature gives you over your competition is it’s SEO benefit.
Search engines see comments as user engagement and/or great user experience.
Both of which are high echelon type ranking factors.
Those sites that search engines, like Google, deem to have a positive user experience (i.e. high volumes of user engagement) will rank much higher than even the big name sites that throw their money around in order to rank well in the SERP’s.
If you use it right, this feature alone can make your Wealthy Affiliate Websites Purchasing decision worth much more than what you spend on a WA Premium Membership.
This tool/feature is a lot like that of Site Comments.
Only without the added extra of user engagement.
While you can still earn money thru this feature in the same way, as site comments, it’s more geared towards those that are looking for help with improving their site’s design, writing style, or with their images and how it affects the layout of the site.
It is mostly used by those just starting out or those that seem to be stuck in a rut and don’t what direction they want to take their site.
As you can see from the screenshot above, there are 5 feedback topic you can choose to get help with from other members of the WA Community.
All in all, it is where you would go to get constructive criticism in the hopes it will make you a better website owner and content creator.
I want to warn you though, do not go poking around there unless you are absolutely sure you can take whatever critisism is thrown your way.
By now we all know people can be very hurtful even if they don’t mean to but here are quite literally asking them to be.
WealthyAffiliate.com Website Support (SiteSupport)
Chances are, if you have heard of WA before now than you have likely heard of their top notch technical support team.
I am here to tell you that, while most of the good things you’ve heard are true, there are plenty of aspects regarding their support staff that need much improvement.
But I’ll get into that with you a bit further on down this page.
For now we’ll just focus on the task at hand and that is to give you the deets on the support offered at WA.
The image above is of a blank support request and as you can see is also done with simplicity in mind.
Support is one of the fields that WA thrives in and they are in my experience a head above their competition.
For the most part anyhow.
The image below is a full spectrum view of all of the categories for which you can request support.
As you can see the list covers just about anything you could potentially have a problem with.
Even if it doesn’t, you have the option of sifting thru 1,000’s of other members community support questions before and after you pose any request to the support team.
99% of the time the support staff will be more than capable of fixing or answering anything having to do with establishing a website or an online business presence.
One Thing I have no problems with about support is the time in which they respond to your claim.
Usually it is with in minutes but it’s hardly ever more than an hour.
No matter if it is a holiday, weekend, or 3am on Easter Sunday.
They’re always there, 24/7 365 days a year. You will never encounter a time when you are not able to get help for literally anything under the sun having to do with online businesses or websites.
Wealthy Affiliate Hosting And Servers
The important thing to know about WA hosting is that it is included in your membership for free.
Whether it’s a free membership or or a premium one.
Even if you buy your domain registry from another company, like namecheap, you can still have the name servers pointed back to mywahostng.
The WA Support Team will take care of the rest.
Which brings me to one of the things that I like most about hosting my sites on WA Servers.
I don’t have to worry with the technical headache of my site breaking or returning the dreaded white screen of death due to a custom coding error or installing an incompatible plugin.
If or when it happens, they fix it for you fairly quickly.
Usually within a few minutes or, in my experience, no more than an hours time.
Here are a few of the other perks to using WA hosting and WA Servers:
- Free SSL Included
- Caching, HTML/CSS/JS combine/minification
- Server Level Spam Protection/Blocker
- Unlimited Free Website And Online Business Email Accounts
- FTP Access And Training
Is Building A Website With Wealthy Affiliate Worth It
So for the last few years I have seen many reviews taking shots at WA and their introduction of SiteSpeed Technology.
For most folks, Building A Website With Wealthy Affiliate Is Well Worth The Time And Money Spent.
However, there are always a few bad apples no matter where you go or work and in this case those apples didn’t put in the work required of them to succeed.
So, of course, since they didn’t succeed the system itself must be rigged, broken, or just not worth it at all.
Nothing could be farther from the truth but that does not stop people writing bad reviews or complaining on public review sites.
Now, don’t get me wrong, there some of the features and aspects that could be and should be improved but to unilaterally classify them as not worth it or a sham is a grave injustice.
Not to just the company itself but to others looking for that something out there to teach them the right way to build an online business or website that will stand the test of time.
Let’s get back to the things that can be improved upon as well of a list of what are of increased value to those that I just mentioned.
- Site Speed at Server Level- This is done in a manor that takes away some of the users control as to what speed optimization tools/plugins they can use. Overall does a good job of keeping your site fast but not in a way that gives the website owner full control.
- PHP Version– This is the #1 issue I have with building a website using WealthyAffiliate’s hosting and servers. It seems as if the technical support staff at WA is always playing catch up and still does not stay current with the latest PHP version. As of now they’re currently running 7.3 and the newest version is 7.4 but 7.3 is still being maintained by its creators.
- Site Support– Sometimes a site support staff members seem to be unqualified or have limited knowledge of technical website complications/issues. Depending on the time of day or day of the week you request technical support will determine whether or not you run into this problem. From my experience, the late night and weekend shifts are filled with technical support beginners and mediocre team members. Granted after enough back and forth with support will result in you being assisted by a supervisor. While it only happens on rare occasions it does still happen.
- Writing Permissions and Access Can Be Revoked- This is something that rarely happens but when it does it is usually happening to folks that violate WA’s terms and conditions or that are repeatedly causing coding issues or errors that affect the wellbeing of other sites hosted on shared servers. Another reason would be that an individual is using a Wealthy Affiliate Website to commit hate crimes, cyber bullying, racist attacks, or just infringe upon someone else’s rights due to their religion, race, or sexual preference.
- No Server Level Access- While, this is not something that limits your ability to be successful, it can give you a slight advantage over your competition in the later stages of your website development knowledge. In other words, there is some SEO benefit if you know what and how to go about implementing those tactics at a server level.
Features And Tools That Make Building A Wealthy Affiliate Website A Sound Investment:
- Free SSL Security (HTTPS)- As you’re probably already aware, SSL is something that any serious online business owner or Website Creator can’t live without. Especially if they’re looking to capitalize on the massive amount of free traffic that can come from ranking highly in search engines like Google. WA includes this on all of their websites for free and turning it on or off is as simple as flipping a switch.
- Server Level Spam Protection- This is again a feature that WA Implements on all of it’s sites but unlike The SSL Feature this one can’t be turned off.
- Site Support Quality And Speed- I know you’re probably wondering why I listed this here when just a moment ago I was expressing some discontent. Although, when it comes to my site experiencing downtime due to technical difficulty, I have no complaints. Usually I am back up and running within just a few minutes of detection. When you submit a support ticket you have 5 or so options to choose from but the team that is assigned to servicing broken sites is by far the best in quality and performance.
- Site Comments- This is a feature that gets mixed emotions but regardless of how people feel about it, they can not argue the results it gets. Comments are engagement and to search engines engagement means great user experience which in turn makes Google rank your site much higher in the SERP’s . Not to mention you can earn money for commenting on another members website.
- Jaaxy Keyword Tool- This is a paid keyword research tool created by the owners of WA and something that all WA members gain access to when they sign up. I gives you all the same functions that keyword research tools like MOZ Word Tracker and the Google Keyword tool gives you.
So, after seeing the good and bad of building your soon to be online empire, with WA, what do you think?
Is Hosting And/Or Building A Website With Wealthy Affiliate.Com Worth It For You, Or, Do You Believe That Wealthy Affiliate Websites Are More Like Over Exaggerated Hype Than They Are A Powerful Tool For Achieving Online Money Making Success As A Beginner.
I know My Answer… Let’s Hear Yours!